Sunday, September 11, 2005

Concert for NY DVD

Since it is the anniversary of 9/11, I thought I would watch a couple of my favorite performers from CFNY tonight. It's way too long to watch the whole thing, so I just watched a couple of highlights, David Bowie and The Who.

Bowie opened the show solo, and I just love his rendition of Simon and Garfunkels America. How very beautiful and fitting. I dig the little keyboard thing he was playing too. And nothing could be more suitable for the event than Heroes. Wow, what a great performance!

The highlight of the whole evening was the Who though, of course! I can't believe how tight they were that night. Pete just nailed the ending of Baba, with a nice little leap right on the note! Zak was so awesome, and it was so nice to see John playing. I really miss that guy! Roger and Pete were in absolute top form. They are really mesmerizing to watch in this one! I think everyone agrees that The Who stole the show that night!

Watching this DVD makes me wish and hope that the Who will get together for a benefit for Katrina. As horrendous as 9/11 was, I think what has happened in the Gulf Coast recently is even worse. I think they should pull everyone together for at least one show this year. Wouldn't this be a good reason?

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

THE WHO steal the show everytime!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home